- 1. Eric Burdon + The Animals Winds Of Change 04:00
- 2. The Nice The Thoughts Of Emerlist Davjack 04:15
- 3. Small Faces Whatcha Gonna Do About It 02:16
- 4. The Aquarian Age 10,000 Words In A Cardboard Box 03:27
- 5. Edgar Broughton Band Out Demons Out 04:47
- 6. Harvey Matusow's Jew's s Harp Band Wettsocks 03:00
- 7. The White Noise Love Without Sound 03:07
- 8. Nick Drake Day Is Done 02:26
- 9. Fairport Convention Percy's Song 06:53
- 10. Arthur Brown Nightmare 03:18
- 11. John's Children Desdemona 02:24
- 12. Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation Watch 'n' Chain 02:35
- 13. Lol Coxhill I Am The Walrus 03:53
- 14. Traffic Forty Thousand Headman 03:15
- 15. Comus In The Lost Queen' s Eyes 02:48
- 16. The Yardbirds Little Games 02:25
- 17. Liverpool Scene Batpoem 01:45
- 18. The Deviants Nothing Man 04:18
- 19. Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger & The Trinity Czechoslovakia 06:21
- 20. Bonzo Dog Band We Are Normal 04:50
- 21. Hapshash + The Coloured Coat Aoum 03:22
This 60’s anthology presents less of the well-known commercial artists, but the real artists of the Underground Music and it’s initial message, aims and overwhelming fascinations.
With the background of the Vietnam War and racial conflicts in the USA, and the going ons in other industrial nations, the sixties initalised a massive movement of mainly younger citizens towards freedom and democracy, as well as a contradicting modernisation.
This collection gives a fascinating inside view of these 60’s subcultures, tells the complete history before Woodstock, all aspects and topics (anti-war, drugs, love, peace, revolution, freedom of expression, freak out, humour etc..) It presents song lines, which gave a new understanding of the music, which led life-styles and new perceptions. The Outlaws were a crucial element in shaping the future of pop, influences of which can still be seen in today’s Punk, Grunge and Anti-Folk.